This module enables candidates to understand the concept of Outlook 2010/2013 and Web Browsing. Candidates will be able to work with messages, contacts, tasks, calenders as well as managing accounts and the inbox. Candidates will also be able to understand what internet is about and the functions of Internet Explorer 9/10 browser.
Full Fee: S$180
Successful trainees will receive the internationally recognized Smart Office Certificate upon completion of the course. This certificate is administered by Skills Singapore.
Need to possess basic computer knowledge.
This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to web browsing, effective information search, online communication and e-mail.
On completion of this module candidate will be able to:
• Understand web browsing and online security concepts.
• Use the web browser and manage browser settings, bookmarks, web outputs.
• Search effectively for online information and critically evaluate web content.
• Understand key copyright and date protection issues.
• Understand concepts of online communities, communications and e-mail.
• Send, receive e-mails and manage e-mail settings.
• Organise and search e-mails and use calendars.
Section 1 – Web Browsing Concept
Understand the terms:
- .org, .edu, .com, .gov
Common web browser
Security and Safety – Protect yourself
- Avoid Disclosure of personal and financial information
Control internet use
Section 2 – Web Browsing
Open, close web browsing application
Enter URL address
Complete and submit web based form
Web tool to translate
Understand pop-up, block, cookies
Add, delete bookmark/favorites
Save files to a location
Copy text, image
Preview and print a web page
Select print options
Section 3 – Web-Based Information
Web based encyclopedia
Section 4 – Critical Evaluation
Evaluating online information
Credibility of a website
Data protection rights
Section 5 – Online Communities
Social Networking websites
Users share and publish contents
Define Instant Messaging (IM)
Short Message Service (SMS)
Multimedia Message Service (MMS)
Section 6 – E – Mail (Part 1)
Section 7 – E- Mail (Part 2)
Turn on /off automatic out of office reply
Marking and Flagging
Contract distribution list
Section 8 – Organizing E – Mails
- Update meeting
- Add invites
- Decline an invitation